Hindi (हिन्दी), along with English, is the official language of India. Hindi is a direct descendent of Sanskrit and belongs to the Indo-European language family. Spoken Hindi is mutually intelligible with Standard Urdu and they differ only in writing and in specialized vocabulary. Hindi alongside Urdu as Hindustani, is the third most-spoken language in the world.
Why Study Hindi?
- Communicate and interact with over 700 million people.
- The Indian economy is booming, offering huge opportunities for international business and scientific cooperation.
- India has a great culture. Study yoga, Ayurveda, Indian music and dance in their teachers’ language.
- Understand and enjoy movies from Bollywood, the world’s largest film industry.
- Hindi is closely linked to other South Asian languages, such as Punjabi, Urdu, Nepali and Bengali.
- Contact immigrants from South Asia living in Greece.
Hindi Courses 2022 – 23
FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING CENTER
Registration – Start from September 1, 2022
Classes start on October 2022
Weekly online lessons for beginners and advanced students at the Foreign Languages Teaching Center, University of Athens (7, Ippocratous str. Athens). Read more
Online three-month Hindi Awareness Course
Last Date for Registration – April 3, 2023
Classes start on April 15, 2023
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in partnership with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and Central Hindi Directorate (CHD) is conducting a 3-month online Hindi
Awareness Course. Read more…
Hindi and Urdu Interpreters’ Training Seminar in METAdrasis. Registration open all year round. Read more
For more information and registration, please send an e-mail with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you soon.
Follow the Friends of Hindi group on Facebook